038 200 10 610
044 666 835
038 200 10 622
044 613 370
Scope of this Committee includes:
- Engaging for determination and follow up of policies for development and efficient functioning of health care and social welfare;
- Engaging for conceptualization of the general strategy for health protection of Kosovo citizens and other citizens, that are temporarily residing in Kosovo, by promoting the application of modern standards for health care;
- Engaging for ensuring a satisfactory welfare in Kosovo, including security and social protection of Kosovo citizens, social protection of war invalids, families of martyrs, work invalids, political prisoners and their families, all categories of those who are not capable of working, and building an effective pension system for all categories.
- Engaging for reviewing the Government programme, the manner and level of its implementation in the field of health care and social welfare and making recommendations to the Assembly;
- Engaging for identifying specific government programmes, namely of the relevant ministry and in cooperation with the Committee on Budget and Transfer reviews in details how it’s financing and management was conducted;
- Reviewing the legislation falling within its scope;
- Reviewing the draft budget and reviewing the budget of the relevant ministry and recommending to the Committee on Budget and Transfer to review and adopt it at the Assembly, including amendments;
- Oversight of law implementation within its scope;
- Considering other matters, set by this Rules of Procedure and matters that are referred to this committee by a special decision of the Assembly.
In exercising its function, the Committee cooperates with the relevant line ministry and all other ministries, from which it can request concrete data, including direct reports from ministers or other responsible persons, when requested by the committee.